Trainmaster – Various Locations
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, August 14, 2017
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.CPR.CA
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in the United States and Canada with direct links to eight major ports providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
We are looking for candidates interested in various Trainmaster position throughout MN, IA, and IL.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensures the safe and tactical execution of the Operating Plan through active supervision of operating (train) crews, Yardmasters, support staff, and Assistant Trainmasters. Accountable for inputs and outputs
of safety, service, productivity, financial metrics and adherence to corporate values, which includes compliance with regulatory environment. Provide leadership accountability for inputs and outputs of safety, service, productivity and financial metrics.
- Accountable for the safe, on time operations of all trains and contribute to the overall execution of
the Operating Plan;
- Conduct efficiency and proficiency tests, train rides and safety related activities to support a safe,
- Accountable to investigate safety rules and policy failures, respond and act on safety, health and
environmental related incidents, identify cause, implement or recommend corrective actions or
- Participate and assist with safety and business plan roll-outs across the region;
- Identify and act on opportunities to increase yard/road fluidity and productivity;
- Create and manage a strong team of employees including determination of optimal numbers,
recruitment and development;
- Ensure compliance to CP’s policies and collective agreements and recommend changes;
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance and financial metrics
through maximum asset utilization;
- Accountable for holding investigations (accident or discipline) in accordance with labor
agreements, policies, etc;
- Accountable for inventory management for terminals and line of road in their areas of responsibility;
- Accountable for rail cars idle 24 hours or longer for any reason;
- Accountable for full understanding of business requirements, service commitments and any service penalty conditions for customers in their geographic area.
- Must have high school diploma or GED;
- Qualified Locomotive Engineer is preferred;
- Effective/working knowledge of railway operations, terminal/road operations;
- Knowledge of systems (Nexus, TYES, CMA, CAM’s, AIR, ERRAP, Quads, FTO, CP Station reports);
- Knowledge of and ability to conduct investigations;
- Analyze, understand and resolve local issues related to interpreting variances to operating protocols;
- Rules qualified – GCOR, familiarity with ABTH;
- Must maintain current certifications and licenses (i.e. Engineer Cert.);
- Willing to be available as required on a 7x24 basis;
- Ability to understand and work with collective agreements and other applicable regulations;
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues.
Type of Business: Freight Transportation
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, railroad retirement, 401k, tuition reimbursement and more.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
JOB LINE 800-635-7995
APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED ON LINE: WWW.CPR.CA