This letter, as well as some other apprenticeship related information, is also attached in PDF format for your convenience.
I wanted to take some time to make sure that you and your constituents are aware that the Apprenticeship Office for Local 150 Operating Engineers is opening applications for the trades of Heavy Equipment Operator, Heavy Equipment Repair Technician, Geothermal Well Driller, and Construction Material Inspector. An application can be requested in person at one of our 9 offices during the scheduled dates and times listed below. A $25 application fee per program will be required at the time of request in the form of a money order only, made payable to “Local 150 Apprenticeship Fund.” Please note: All Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license. The address on your driver’s license MUST MATCH the address on your application.
Minimum Qualifications for the program are as follows:
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have graduated high school or obtained a GED. The applicant will provide a high school transcript for evaluation purposes
- Be a resident of the geographic jurisdiction of Local 150.
- A valid driver’s license and the maintenance of such are required at the time of selection.
- A statement from a licensed physician stating physical ability to perform the work of the trades will be required 30 days after being indentured into the program.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Required to undergo drug testing.
Schedule of Dates, Times and Locations. NOTE: applications may be picked up at any district office regardless of which Local 150 district the applicant resides.
- Training Center: 19800 W. South Arsenal Rd., Wilmington, IL 60481; Nov. 1-30, Monday – Saturday (excluding Sundays and Thanksgiving); 8am-3pm
- District 5: 740 E. US Route 6, Utica, IL 61373; Nov. 21st; 12pm-5pm
- District 6: 1001 Michigan St., Lakeville, IN 46536; Nov. 22nd; 12pm-5pm
- District 7: 2193 W. 84th Pl., Merrillville, IN 46410; Nov. 28th; 12pm-5pm
- District 8: 3511 78th Avenue West, Rock Island, IL 61201; Nov. 20th; 12pm-5pm
Completed applications and all the following documents: Educational/Military Transcripts, Reference Letters, Birth Certificate, Proof of Previous Employment and Prior Experience Questionnaire must be mailed or returned to the Training Center: 19800 W. South Arsenal Rd., Wilmington, IL 60481 no later than December 31, 2017.