For your knowledge and distribution, attached is both a copy of the CTA press release regarding the CTA 2018 proposed budget and notice of public hearing. As it finalizes its proposed 2018 budget, the Chicago Transit Authority is making more than $20 million in budget cuts and generating $3 million in increased ad and concession revenue to help maintain service levels in the coming year.
Please notify your constitutes that they are welcome to submit their comments regarding the proposed CTA 2018 Operations and Capital Budgets at the CTA's public hearing on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 6 p.m. at CTA headquarters, 567 W. Lake Street, second floor conference room, Chicago, Illinois, 60661.
Our customers' input will be welcomed at the hearing or by correspondence addressed to Gregory P. Longhini, Assistant Secretary of the Board, Chicago Transit Authority, P.O. Box 7567, Chicago, Illinois 60680-7567. Comments also may be submitted in writing either via email to: glonghini1@transitchicago.
The proposed budget is available for public review in standard size print and large print at the following locations:
- CTA Offices reception desk, second floor, 567 W. Lake Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60661 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Regional Transportation Authority, reception desk, Suite 1650, 175 West Jackson, Chicago, Illinois, 60604;
- Archer Heights Branch Library, 5055 South Archer Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60632;
- Austin Branch Library, 5615 West Race Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60644;
- Harold Washington Public Library, 400 South State Street, 5th floor, Chicago, Illinois, 60605;
- Jefferson Park Branch Library, 5363 West Lawrence Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60630;
- South Shore Branch Library, 2505 East 73rd Street, Chicago, Illinois 60649;
- West Town Branch Library, 1625 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60622;
- Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Avenue, Evanston, Illinois, 60201;
- Evergreen Park Public Library, 9400 South Troy, Evergreen Park, Illinois, 60805;
- Oak Park Public Library, 834 Lake Street, Oak Park, Illinois 60301;
- Riverdale Public Library, 208 West 144th Street, Riverdale, Illinois, 60827;
- Skokie Public Library, 5215 West Oakton, Skokie, Illinois, 60077.
A copy of the proposed budget is also posted on the CTA's web site at www.transitchicago.com.